Tuesday 10 January 2017

Arul Prakasam - Antilog Vacations Colombo, Sri Lanka Review AVB0098967

Cricket series was being held in Sri Lanka and being an ardent cricket lover, I was planning to visit the island for the matches for a good month long break. I had arranged the tickets for matches in Colombo and Kandy and hence decided to visit these cities.

I took the luxury ferry liner - The Scotia Prince from Tuticorin especially as its service had been revived after more than 25 years. The voyage was superb and as I had pre booked my hotel stay and cab commute through Antilog Vacations. I didn’t face any hassles. The Cinnamon Lakeside Resort was my stay there.

Colombo was the first city I was visiting and it had a large harbour and it was probably due to this aspect and its strategic position that it was such an important place on the East-West sea trade route in the olden days. The entire city sported a colorful and festive look and as I was travelling to the hotel, my cabbie gave me a tour of the city. Along with some of its exquisite corporate buildings, the Galle Face Green, National Museum and the Viharamahadevi Park were noteworthy mentions.

The Cinnamon was located by the Beira Lake and I got a room on the southern side. I would suggest people to go for rooms on this side as the rooms face the lake and are provide a tranquil view. Moreover staying in the executive floor, I had access to the private lounge which had an awesome balcony. I found my stay to be great value for money as the resort provided complimentary breakfast and afternoon cocktails.

The A1 highway connected Colombo with Kandy and I took it for my departure. Flights through the Ratmalana Airport are also another option as it handles all local airlines. Overall, it’s a part of well management by Antilog Vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment